Thursday, July 24, 2008

Framing progress

The first floor framing is complete, rooms and hallways and entry spaces are revealed, door and window frames in place and by the end of today work will begin on the second floor. It is startling in an unsettling way to walk through and experience the sizes of the rooms, the mudroom is larger than expected and the living-dining room smaller, although it is not a small room and the windows on three sides make for some lovely views. I love the twenty nine windows just on the first floor, beautiful pine, fir and birch trees in all directions and the cross ventilation makes me think of lines from a story my mother used to read to my sister and me when we were small about "old mother west wind and the merry little breezes" from Old Mother West Wind by Thornton Burgess, I will have to get a copy for our bookshelf.


No comments: